Monday, October 8, 2007

Wiki

http://champlincw.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

Okay. Here's the wiki for my Creative Writing class project that comes up in a couple weeks. In the past, I've had a hard time helping my students keep track of all the mutual information, but with a wiki, it'll be slick. I hope they think it's an awesome tool and want to add to it.

I'm a little concerned that the kids who have internet access will be more in the loop than the kids who don't. I can book some computer lab time, but it won't be totally ideal.

Ooh--you know, I've got links to their blogs for the actual story writing part, but maybe they can each have a page or something on the wiki...hmmm.....

1 comment:

david said...

I'm just assuming that my students will not work on it outside of school since we don't have homework... It's a safe assumption. You just have to have plenty of opportunities for class time work on the wiki. Maybe you could make a list of kids you don't have internet access at home and they get first chance at the computer lab, or more time, or something. Of course, organizing that would be one more thing for you to do. Isn't that always the way?

I am also going to connect the work they are already putting on blogs to using the class wiki. I think that their blogs are for "their" work and the wiki is for the "classes' work" (i.e. the stuff going into the play that might be altered or edited by peers). I'm still working on how that will happen, though.