Monday, November 12, 2007

Making My Own Podcast

I basically turned a Creative Writing exercise into a podcast and shamelessly added sound effects for my own entertainment. I'm not sure where I'd actually use it in real life. If a kid was gone and I was SUPER on top of things, I could have podcasts for missing assignments. But that seems like a ton of work. If I was teaching via the internet it would be useful. Quite frankly, I do not know.

Making it was fun. My sisters and I made radio dramas (mostly detective stories) on cassette tape when we were younger. If we had had this technology back then, we would have had a blast with it.

I'm confused about how to share it with the world. Right now it's posted on the class wiki and it lives in my iTunes, but I'm stuck as to how to have it hosted someplace.

1 comment:

david said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I liked the activities, the sound effects, the music cues. And, of course, the subtle reference to my wife.

Good job. I enjoyed listening to it and think it could be useful with your creative writing kids.