Monday, September 17, 2007

Dinkytown

So far my process researching Dinkytown was to check out what my classmates have posted on the wiki (I am a little late in the game on this I see) and to surf Youtube for some Dinkytown related videos. They're mostly recordings of people playing music at different venues. But I found a couple of local repair shops, and that is pretty unique to this area. Not too many places can keep a shoe repair shop or a guitar repair shop alive for so many years. Rock on, college town.

2 comments:

david said...

My students and I were driving back from Como zoo on the bus on Friday and 94 was a parking lot. There must have been an accident or something. Anyway, the bus driver took us back across town on University instead and we drove through Dinkytown.

None of them had ever been there and very few of the even know what it was.

I gave them a little tour as we drove, though, complete with historical information. Let's here it for the Dinkytown wiki!

Kronzer said...

That's awesome, David. I can just imagine you on the bus mike..."And to your right, a bicycle repair shop I frequented during graduate school..."